Sunday, March 3, 2024

Shine - art journal layout

Hi everyone,

I`ve  had so much fun creating this double page art journal layout where I`m combining two of my favourite things, Copic coloring and art journaling. I totally fell in love with the fantasy moon digistamp from Polkadoodles and if you like to grab yourself a copy it`s on great sale right now. 

I`m working in my A5 mixed media stone paper journal from Stamperia. I started out with distress acrylic paint in tumbled glass, stormy sky, blueprint sketch and vilted violet. The paint is applied directly on the paper then using horizontal strokes with a dry brush to randomly distribute the paint leaving streaks in the different colors visible. To darken the overall look and feel, and also to frame my layout I used black paint that I applied with a sponge dabber dabbing around the edges on my page.



For my focal point printed out the digistamp in the desired size twice to get enough flowers and leaves for both pages. Then I started coloring the moon and worked on getting some visual texture. I both sprinkled colorless blender on it and dotting the colors in the shaded areas making sure not to over do it as I didn`t want the moon to be too dotted looking. Next, I colored all the flowers and leaves also on the second page before fussy cutting everything. When I have lots of little details to cut I just take my time and enjoy the process doing the best I can. It really doesn`t matter for your end result if you leave out some small parts. 



Copic colors I used:

Moon: Y00-10-13-15, YR000-00, Colorless blender refill drops 

Flowers: RV10-63-66-69

             V15-17, BV02

             R20-22-35-37

             B24-60-63 (Y10?)

Flower center: E09, Y13-15-17

Leaves: BG72-73-93

            G21-43-46-94

            G21-94, YG17

Shadows: T7



To add some sparkle and more interest on my page I applied Distress stickles with a spatula on random parts of the stars starry night stencil from Memory box. I just love this glitter stickles. In real life, it has this clear sparckly finish that adds the perfect amount of sparkle. Not too much. It depends on how the light catches it and on some of the photos it looks way more silver than it actually is.


For my sentiment "Just like the moon, you don`t have to be whole to shine" I printed out strips on my laptop and the words moon and shine are cut out using an older Tim Holtz bigz die called block talk lowercase from Sizzix. I really like this saying. It`s something well worth remembering.

I added some highlights with my Sakura white gel pen and also doodled in some elements with my black Pilot G TEC C4 pen. This is my favorite doodling pen.


I like to enter this to:

Simon Says: Anything Goes | (simonsaysstampblog.com)

Polkadoodles Cardmaking, Craft & Scrapbooking Challenge: Wk 9 - Card making & paper craft challenge - Anything Goes creative craft challenge at Polkadoodles

Wohooo!! I made TOP 3!

Polkadoodles Cardmaking, Craft & Scrapbooking Challenge: Wk 11 - Card making & paper craft challenge - Anything Goes creative craft challenge at Polkadoodles


Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog: Welcome to Creative Artiste Challenge #102

Crafty Catz (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com)

(4) Facebook COPIC MARKER NORGE

Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you liked my art journal layout and that you got inspired to create yourself a happy day crafting too.


Hugs,

-Christine💮


3 comments:

  1. Love that big moon, Moon shine is a fun page! hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Crafty Catz Challenge Janet DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning layout, love how the floral embellished moon stands out against that rich blue sky. Beautiful gathering of paints, pens and die cuts and your wording is so very true. Wonderful work Christine Thank you for sharing @ Creative Artiste and joining our ATGMM challenge.
    Easter Blessing Tracey DT

    ReplyDelete