Sunday, April 7, 2024

No rain - no flowers

 Hi,

I`ve been enjoying myself with some Copic coloring again, and this time I colored up sweet Marci with an umbrella from La la land crafts. I`m eagerly waiting for spring to arrive, so I chose to color her up in fun bright colors.

My card is 6*6 inches and on the front of my card I scored around the edges 1/8 inch in from the inside of my card. That way you get your score line indent out on your card front. The sky pattern paper that I used is a leftover piece from the Ciao Bella summer breeze paper pad. I lightly went around the edges with Distress ink in blue jeans before I backed it with a medium bright blue cardstock. I used the two biggest circles in the Spellbinders nestabilities Triple Tear S4-490 that is a favourite at the moment adding foam dots for dimention. I also backed Marci up on foam dots to make her stand out even more.


I was so happy with how Marci turned out and the colors I used are:

Face: E000-00-04-11-21

Hair: E15-18-95-97

Outfit: B21-24-28-29

Umbrella: Y11-13-15

               YR00-12-15

               R20-22-24

               G00-02

               B21-24

               T1-3



This stamp is from an old club kit that also comes with some dies and sentiments to go with. I ran a raindrop border die through my machine and placed most of the raindrops back in place, securing them with a tape in order to use it as a tiny stencil. I decided to only go with a few drops and placed my DIY stencil just under the umbrella using a small spatula with the jummy Ranger distress Stickles in moon dust to add some sparkly raindrops. The "enjoy life" sentiment is from the same kit.                              To finish off my card I added some clear enamel drops from Simple and Basic, and I love how the fit the theme as they kind of look like little water drops.

I love how this card turned out and hope you like it too. 


I`m entering this to:

Simon Says: Whatever The Weather | (simonsaysstampblog.com)

Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge: Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge #15 (worldwidecrafterscoloristschallenge.blogspot.com)

fourseasons: April 2024 - Anything Goes SPRING Challenge (thefourseasonschallenge.blogspot.com)

(1) Facebook Copic Norge


Want to join me on Instagram? 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5dpSwZMvs_/?igsh=MjZ5cDVxbWNscXBo


Thank you so much for stopping by!

Hugs,

-Christine💮 





4 comments:

  1. Super cute and beautiful coloring!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
    Diane FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet spring card! Thanks so much for playing at The Four Seasons April Spring Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, Christine. Great coloring. I'm in AWE!
    Thanks for sharing with us at The Four Seasons and please stop by again soon.

    ReplyDelete