Saturday, July 15, 2023

Feels like summer - Art journal with magazine cut outs

 Hello everyone,

I hope you are doing well 😊

Today I`m sharing a quick update with you on a new art journal page. This time created with magazine cut outs from some old magazines here from our cabin. We were expecting some rainy days so I was going through what we had of old magazines and newspapers so that my 6 year old son and I could play and create during these days.

When I saw  this week "We`re going around in circles" challenge over at Simon Says Stamp I actually cheated and made this page while we still had some good weather because I think all the slices with kiwi fits the theme perfectly in a summer vibe way. CKN Design- create happy days crafting (@ckndesign_craft) • Instagram-bilder og -videoer



The background is made with distress inks in tumbled glass, peacock feathers and faded jeans applyed randomly. I then sprayed with some water to lift off some ink with a paper towel to create some texture. Then I used Tim Holtz stencil dod fade, that I absolutely love, with faded jeans ink.

Next I stamped randomly around my page using two different stamps from Stamperias Create happiness stamp set in faded jeans and peacock feathers.



I used modpodge to glue down my magazine cut outs also covering everything with a thin layer so that everything got the same finnish and it also makes it possible to play with different inks ontop. 

Then I used a letter stamp set from Papirdesign (PD 2100365) and stamped "summer" with jet black Archival ink from Ranger. I wrote "time" with a black pen doodling in the letters using Tim Holtz Bubble stencil. You can just freehand this but I was enjoying myself and went with the stencil and filling in with my black pen. I used a black marker to add a frame to the pages and also added some white gel pen and added some black outline here and there on my page.



I`m entering this to Simon Says: We’re Going Around In Circles | (simonsaysstampblog.com)


I hope you got inspired to create yourself a happy day crafting too. 

Thank you for stopping by,

-Christine💮


No comments:

Post a Comment