Thursday, July 6, 2023

Stairway to heaven

 Hi,

The Mixed media Art journal page I`m sharing today was actually finished ower a week ago but since the screen on my phone is broken and I forgot the charger to my laptop on the cabin I had to wait to upload it until we came back here. 

So on the 25th of June it was 8 years since Tim passed away and I wanted to make an Art journal page about the loss of a loved family member and also my best friend. 

For my background I used acrylic paint in two shades of blue, a touch of purple and some white applied with a dry flat brush. I used some modeling paste and this beautiful stencil from Tim Holtz called Crossed on the top and bottom of my page. Next I used a script and a circle stamp from Stamperia and stamped randomly around the page to add some interest to my background. I used a more muted mat black ink pad, I think its called midnight sky or something. I will check when I get home. I love the muted effect this ink has and how it was perfect for my heavenly sky. I also darkened the edges on my page as to frame it and make my focalpoint pop more.




My first idea to this Art journal page was to print out the girl letting go of the red balloon from Banksy`s street art and having her stand on top of a stairway to heavnen. When Stamperia came out with the Vintage library collection and I saw the page with this stair I knew this was perfect for my page. But no laptop no printing so I decided to do things a bit different and used a La la Land Wings die that I cut out in a blue-grey cardstock and a bling white one and placed them on top of each other.




The flowers are from Stamperias Blue dream Ephemera pack and the sentiment is a mix of hand writing and for the word heaven i used an alphabet stamp from Papirdesign and just stamped it on a yellow post it note and teared the edges. I used Stickles from Ranger on the flowers and on the dots in the middle of the stencil to add som bling and sparkle to my page.





In loving memory :                          Tim Nandrup-Johansen 
                                                 23th. May 1964 to 25th. June 2015



I`m really happy about how this Art journal page turned out, this page means so much to me 💗         So I`m glad I was able to get it up here even if it got uploaded a little late.


Thank you for stopping by,

-Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment