Monday, July 10, 2023

Under the sea - Mixed media Art journal page

 Hi,

Todays art journal page is inspired by the ocean and all the beauty that lives there.

I got to try out my new Lindys magical and wow they truly are magical. A little goes a long way and the colors are just stunning! I got the Words of wisdom set and for my background I sprinkeld a bit of "commit to it teal" and "just be kind cobolt" and sprayed water on it to blend the colors. 


Then I used a bit of Dylusions White shimmer paint on Tim Holtz Bubbles stencil and I love the effect I achieved.  I used a script stamp and a small circular stamp with Distress ink "faded jeans" and stamped randomly around the page. I also went around the edges with "faded jeans" and "black soot" distress ink to darken and frame the page. 




Next I glued down some circles that I cut out from a Memory box die, and also the jellyfish die from an old Magnolia magazine.



I used the words discover, timless and magic from Big Chat from Tim Holtz Ideaology and I think they are perfect for life under the sea.



I added my finishing touches with a white Sakura gel pen and my new favorit black pen Pilot G-tec-c4, and splattered drops of black soot over the page and addede some Ranger stickles to the jellyfish to give them some sparkle.

I like to enter this to: 

Simon Says: Summer Mood Board | (simonsaysstampblog.com) and I was inspired by the blue ocean. (2nd entry)

Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog: Welcome to Creative Artiste Challenge #95


I hope you got inspired to create yourself a happy day crafting too.

Thank you for stopping by,

-Christine 


2 comments:

  1. What a Iovely underwater page you created here Christine. Great result with the 'Magical's' I love them. You want to try the shimmery ones. They will blow you away with the colours they produce. Great stencilling and doodleing. Super circle dies. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at Creative Artiste MM this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment. I will try to get my hands on some shimmery Magicals to try out :)

      Delete