Monday, October 23, 2023

Alohomora - a Halloween inspired card

 Hi,

Today I have enjoyed some Copic coloring and I have colored up this cute image from My Besties that was one of the prices I got to pick on my July winner card. I don`t know what this image is called or where you can find it in the store, but I left a link to the page where the stamp is displayed so you can take a look if you want to. I colored her up inspired by Hermine Granger from Harry Potter, and turned the card into a magic witch themed Halloween card. I think this card may turned out more cute than spooky, what do you think?

I used an older collection from Graphic45 called "An Eerie Tail" and the colors and the designs on this paper is just soo pretty. I know you still can get stickers, chipboard and single papers from this collection in Norway at least, like at Bikuben hobby.



Copic colors I used :

Skin: E000-00-04-11-21, R20, RV11

Eyes: E09, YR23-24, Y21

Hair: E29-97, YR14-15

Outfit: T1-3-5

           orange/red: E07, R24-29, YR04-18

            W1-3-5-7

Wand: E41-42-44-47

I actually got a big blob from one of the darker grey markers on her outfit, but I think I was able to fix it pretty good and I don`t think its that obvious. Don`t you just hate when that happens. To give her eyes more glow I used a black pen to deepen the dark and a white Sharpie to add some highlight in her eyes.


The text banner is actually a zip strip from the Spirited collection from  Authentique paper, and I distressed the edges and pinched it slightly together as I glued it down so to make the text banner a little curved and add some dimention on my card. I did the same with the fence that is a die from La-la-land craft. Since this is a Halloween themed card I dressed up my little wizard girl with a cute little witch hat from a Cottage cut die. To finish of the card I added some pretty bling from Prima and Papirdesign to add some sparkle to my card. 



I usually don`t do a lot of Halloween cards, so I really enjoyed myself with this one, and I`m loving how it turned out. 


I`m entering this card to:

Simon Says: Text It | (simonsaysstampblog.com)

Besties International Challenge : October Challenge (bestieschallenge.blogspot.com)

Polkadoodles Cardmaking, Craft & Scrapbooking Challenge: Wk 42 - Card making & paper craft challenge - Anything Goes creative craft challenge at Polkadoodles

Crafty Catz: Crafty Catz Challenge #655 (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com)

Challenge #572 - Hallowe'en or Hallowe'en Colours ~ The Paper Shelter


I hope you liked my card, and that you got inspired to create yourself a happy day crafting too.


Thank you for stopping by,

-Christine💮


1 comment:

  1. stunning colouring of this fab image and thanks for sharing at Crafty catz

    ReplyDelete