Saturday, July 8, 2023

Shaped easel card

 Hello everyone,

 I am enjoying the rest of our summer holiday at our family cabin by the sea. I did bring some (read: a lot..) of craft supplies with me, but I completly forgot to bring any embellishment for my cards. But we work with what we got, right? 

Our neighbour here just turned 80 years and she has the most lovely garden and I`ve learned so much from her and her love of gardening each summer here at the cabin.. So I wanted to make her a birthday card with this sweet stamp Little Darlings - CandiBean - Sunflower Daisy (bikuben.com) that I think fits perfectly to someone who loves to spend time gardening. I used my Copic markers to color the image. This stamp is on 70% sale at Bikuben right now.



I cut out my cardbase and pattern paper at home so I just had to adhere the layers after I was done coloring the super cute image. The pattern paper are poped up using foam dots. Easel cards are one of my favorit card folds to make as you can display them very nicely but also lay them flat if you dont use any big embellishment on the card. 






For my stoppers I cut out some leaves from the pattern paper and used som foam dots to add some dimension. Again using papers I`ve had for years, this sheet is from the stunning Mariposa paper pack. I also cut off a single flower from an artificial plant here at the cabin just to add a little something at my cardbase ( sorry mom, I promise you can`t see it 🧡👼😅) 



.


Copic colors  used: Skin: E000-00-04-11-21 - R20

                                Hair: E11-13-

                                Dress: B91-93-95-97 and Grey W 1-3-5-7

                               Shoes: B93-95-97-99

                               Sunflower: E09- Y38-35-11 and E00-08-11-13 R20

                               Leaves and grass: B34 - YG03-17-23 


I`m entering this card to SSSMonday challenge inspired by the blue and yellow colors of the summer mood board. I also think of summer, sea, flowers and vacation when I think the recipient of this card.

Simon Says: Summer Mood Board | (simonsaysstampblog.com)

Copic Norges "summer" Facebook challenge #144  (3) Facebook

Crafty Catz: Crafty Catz Challenge #645 Anything Goes (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com)


Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you got inspired to create yourself a happy summer day crafting too :)

-Christine



   

No comments:

Post a Comment