Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Masculine Valentines card

 Hi,

Today is finally the day I can share some exciting news! I am a guest designer at The Male Room Challenge, and this month`s theme is valentine/ use a heart. 

I really enjoy playing along on The Male Room as this challenges me to make masculine cards. After all, I have three sons, and the challenge themes are fun to play along with. You should head on over and play along too. Lots of great inspiration from the DT as well as the other participants. 

For this card I decided to make a 6*6 card base in a very light brown/beige color. I backed my patterned paper with a dark brown cardstock as to double frame the image. I went stash diving for this pattern paper and found this from the old Time Machine collection from Kaisercraft. I`m so happy with this, it gave the exact feel I was going for with this card.


For my focal point I used heart strings embossing folder from Elisabeth craft that I`ve had forever. But I`m sure you can find something similar. I just used this embossing folder on another card, and I love how totally different cards you can make with the same products. I cut out a scallop heart with the nesting dies from Xcut and used foam dots to pop it up. The sentiment is actually a part of the papers zip strip and I glued it on a strip of the other side of the pattern paper so it matches perfectly in color. 


The metal leaves are from Prima and the light brown and brown dots are from Papirdesign. To grunge it up a little I punched holes and put in some eyelets in brass on each side of the sentiment. I love the saying:"The best things in life are the people we love". How true is that!

You can join the challenge here: 




I`m playing along:


Thank you for stopping by, I hope you like my card and that you got inspired to create yourself a happy day crafting too.

Hugs,
-Christine


7 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! Super design and colours, love the layout with the embossed and embellished heart and the beautiful sentiment.
    Thank you for joining in at Crafty Catz .
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card and perfect for our challenge.

    Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this month.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card with so many details and lovely sentiment. Thank you so much for being GDT at the Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this - that gorgeous white textured heart against the background is just perfect. Congratulations on being our Guest Designer this month at The Male Room

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being the GDT over at The Male Room blog. What a great Valentine card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fabulous masculine card, I love everything about it Christine. Thank you so much for your well deserved GDT at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete