Thursday, February 1, 2024

Valentine card - emboss resist technique

 Hi,

Today I have played with emboss resist. This is such a fun technique and the result you get is so cool. 

I think this background stamp from Penny Black is so pretty and it`s perfect for this technique. I stamped and heat embossed with Lindy`s white embossing powder. For my colours I used Distress ink in Tumbled glass, Peacock feathers, maybe a tad of Salty ocean and Vintage photo. I layed down the ink going diagonal. Then I lightly went over with a baby wipe to remove any excess ink on top of the embossed pattern. If you want to give the card a more feminine feel, you can just use different colors of ink. 

Next I cut down my panel to size and I also cut out a heart before I used foam tape to glue down my panel to my A2 card base. This turns the cut out heart into a kind of window, and it also gave my card some dimension and interest.


I stamped the sentiment from an old club kit from La la land and the stitched banner is also from them. I glued on some flat back pearls from Papirdesign as my finishing touch.

I love how this card turned out, this sure is a fun technique.

I`m playing along at:

Simon Says: Have A Heart | (simonsaysstampblog.com)

Simon Says: Anything Goes | (simonsaysstampblog.com)

Crafty Catz: Crafty Catz Challenge #664 (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com)

Simon Says IG Challenge (@simonsayschallenge) • Instagram-bilder og -videoer

 February theme: ink blending


Thank you for stopping by and I hope you like my card. Why don`t you make your own valentines card and create yourself a happy day crafting too.


Hugs,

-Christine💮

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous design and colour choice, and thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty catz

    ReplyDelete