Tuesday, January 30, 2024

I am resilient - art journal layout

 Hi,

Today I`m back with another art journal layout. I really do enjoy sitting down with some "me- time" and just letting creativity flow, playing around with colors, textures and fun techniques. Today I got my inspiration from the napkin that I used on this layout. The colors and the beautiful flowers are right up my ally. And I do love the black background even though I ended up tearing away most of it for this project. I actually got these napkin somewhere eating out, making sure not to spill so I could take it with me😂

I saw that Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge blog theme this week was texture and they were showcasing Tim Holz products. So I wanted to really challenge myself limiting myself to use mostly products from him. Why the challenge? Because I have like one old stamp set and a few stencils from him. But I just got my new distress paints that I`ve wanted for a while, and I also got the Opac Distress crackle paste. Lots of products I never tried before, so this was fun.

For my background, I used distress paint in Dried marigold, Ripe persimmon, Wild honey and Rusty hinge, applying the colors randomly with a dry flat brush. After drying this first layer, I applied a mix of wild honey and dried marigold with a sponge dabbing it over the Harlequin stencil from Tim Holtz to add some texture to my background. Next, I applied a thin layer of the Distress Opack crackle paste using the Clockwork stencil. I added some white splashes with acrylic paint and used a black marker to draw a black frame around the page.

Finally time to add my napkin flowers, leaving one layer of white as to not have the flowers disapeare on my painted background. I kind of wish I left all layers, but it turned out clear enough. I used clear gesso to glue my pieces down, also adding a coat on top of the flowers. The butterfly is from an old Stampers Anonymous Tim Holz stamp set that I`ve had forever called Fairytale Frenzy CMS 058. It`s the only stamp set I own from him today, but I really do love it.

Sorry for the bad lighting in this last photo. The colours are shown more accurate above.

For my sentiment I typed out the text on black strips on my printer, and the word resilient is stamped using a stamp set from Papirdesign. (PD2100365) The words strong, kind, loving, beautiful and hopeful are stickers from Tim Holtz Big chat. I run my finger over the edges of the word stickers lightly with some clear gesso on before I sprinkled SSS ultra fine embossing powder in Antique gold just to add something extra to them. I also added a bit of Finnabair true black glitter on some of the black areas around the flowers, but it was hard to catch on photo with my phone. I created this double page in my stone paper art journal from Stamperia. 


I had so much fun creating this layout. It was kind of personal and I do love the way it turned out.

I`m entering this to:

Simon Says: Add Some Texture | (simonsaysstampblog.com)

Crafty Catz: Crafty Catz Challenge #664 (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com)

Classic Design Challenge Blog : Classic Design Challenge #01-2024 Jan/Feb - Anything Goes with Optional Twist: Blue and White


Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked it and that you got inspired to create yourself a happy day crafting too. 

Hugs,

-Christine💮


No comments:

Post a Comment