Saturday, April 27, 2024

Absolutely the best mom ever

 Hi everyone,

Today I have some really exciting news to share. I`m so happy to have joined in on the Polkadoodles design team! I have been loving to play along on their challenge blog for a while, so why don`t you head over and  play along too?



For this weeks challenge I have made two cards. Mother`s Day is around the corner in many European contries and also in the USA, so here is some inspiration for you. For my first card I chose this cute Butterfly Tree Fairy and colored her up with my Copic markers. For my pattern paper I used three different sheets from the Alcea Hollyhock Flowers bundle. 

This was actually my first time using digital papers, and I must say I really like to use them. Not difficult at all. I printed them with my non fancy Canon Pixima printer on 120 gsm copy paper. I just used HP color choise 120 gsm that I got from my local bookstore. What I like is that you can scale your paper to size befor you print it or you can choose to scale the paper bigger than you actually need and the pattern on your paper will increase all depending on how big you want your pattern to be. I believe the paper is originally designed for 8*8 inch printing, but for most part I printed the paper to my desired layer size.

The sentiment is from Spring Flower-Mothers Day-Friend sentiments bundle.




Copic colors I used: 

Skin: E04-11-21-00-000, R20
Hair: E49-59-44-43
Outfit and wings: BG49-13-000
Shoes: W5-3-1
Butterflies: R05-22-30-11 Y00-11
BG49-13-000-0000 Y11-00
YR:02-000
Plant and Leaf: E49 G99-94 YG03
Pot: E43-44
Ground W5-3-1

To make this fun fold card I followed a tutorial from Wendy Lee on Youtube


My second card is a personal one, this is the card I made for my mom`s birthday earlier this month. I found this super cute and versatile digital stamp from Polkadoodles Winnie - Missed You a while ago and just had to have it. So I have been saving it`s first time use for this card.


The pattern papers I used are from the Pretty Winnie Daisy collection. The sentiment is from the same bundle as my last card, Spring Flower-Mothers Day-Friend sentiments.


Copic colors I used to color up my image: 

Skin: E04-13-11-21-00-000, R20
Hair: W7-5-3-1            
Outfit: R89-85-83-81                                                                                                  B99-97-95-93-91

Skin 2: E13-11-21-00-000 R22                                                             
Hair 2: E29-25-23-21                                                
Outfit 2: G46-43-21                                                                                                        B97- 95-93-91


I decided to make a box frame card to frame this lovely image and sentiment. Since this will be a hand out card, I didn`t worry about the 1/4 inch bulk of the frame. If mailed, I would sturdy the envelope with some thin cardboard or make a small box to go with the card.


I`m playing along:

simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/ (Butterfly Tree Fairy card)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/

Crafty Catz: Craftycatz Challenge #670 plus redraw for #669 (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com)

Colorful Options: April 2024

Facebook Copic Norge


Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you liked these cards and that you got inspired to create yourself a happy day crafting too.


Hugs,

-Christine💮

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your DT post well done ! and what a way tyo kick it off with such a gorgeous card lots of fantastic coloring and just perfect for our Pastels challenge at Colorful Options. Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card designs with amazing colouring, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness these are adorable, beautifully coloured and perfect for card to give to a girls best friend... I bet they will be cherished.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge,
    we hope to see you in future challenges.
    Keep it Crafty
    Hugs Bridget CCDT

    ReplyDelete