Monday, March 18, 2024

Easter card - Tilda with bunny

 Hi,

I`ve had a couple of stamped easter images ready for coloring in my Copic suitcase literally for years. And today was the day I finally got around to sit down and enjoy myself coloring up this very old but cute and loved Tilda stamp from Magnolia. I also went stash diving on the papers, ending up with some lovely papers from Pion design that sadly are closed down. There are so many cute stamps to color up and tons of pretty paper so I hope this still can inspire you to get out your coloring medium and play around and create something beautiful, or just enjoy the process of coloring.

I inked up all the edges of my papers with Distress ink in Vintage photo, going in a bit more heavy around my colored image. I used a circle die that I only cut partially around my image before fussy cutting the rest around her hat. I placed her on a napkin and popped herup on foam tape. I also used foam dots to add dimension on my panels. I used a lace and a strip from the same paper collection to add some interest under my image. Then I glued on some skeleton leaves in green, added some rolled flowers and a little wooden bunny from Wycinanka. The cute little yellow duck is a button from Buttons galore Spring pack that I got as a gift in my latest order from Bikuben so I thought it was fun to include that on my card.


Today I wanted to challenge myself and try a different approach when coloring my image. I started putting down a thin base layer with my lightest color in my color blend. Then moving on to my darkest mid tone or the darkest color in my color blend and then work my way down again. Going back to deepen my shadows and smoothing my blending with a second coat. Usually, I color dark to light, mapping out my shadows with my lightest or a lighter mid tone color before going with my darkest marker coloring dark to light. When coloring hair, I often go with my second darkest marker first since I can be a bit heavy with my darker strokes. This gives the darker hair color version of the color blend. And that`s totally fine, except when I want to enhance the lighter colors and only keep my darker markers for the deepest shades.


I`m playing along with Simon Says Stamp challenges this week, and the theme is a bit of green, so I colored accordingly. Colorful option also has green as a theme.

Copic colores used:

Skin: E000-00-04-11-21, R20

Hair: E43-50-53-57

Outfit: G000-21-24-28 and B91-93-95-97

Shoe: E41-42-44-47

Hat: E30-31-33 and G000-21-24-28

Bunny: E41-42-44-97 and T1-3


I`m entering this card:

Simon Says: A Bit O’ Green | (simonsaysstampblog.com)

Simon Says: A Bit O’ Green | (simonsaysstampblog.com)

Polkadoodles Cardmaking, Craft & Scrapbooking Challenge: Wk 11 - Card making & paper craft challenge - Anything Goes creative craft challenge at Polkadoodles

(4) Facebook Copic Marker Norge 

Crafty Catz: Crafty catz # 667 Anything Goes (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com)

Colorful Options: March 2024


Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you liked it and that you got inspired to create yourself a happy day crafting too. 

Hugs,

-Christine💮




2 comments:

  1. I love the vintage look of this beautiful card. Your sweet image is coloured perfectly, lovely choice of papers, colours and embellishments.
    Thank you for sharing at Crafty Catz
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete