Friday, April 28, 2023

2 page Art Journal - Travel, Blue Dream

 Hi, Today I`m sharing a double page layout and it`s my first time playing in my small Dylusion art journal. I`m actually working on the secon page, since I have something special in mind for my first page wich I will share with you soon.

I`m totally in love with how this layout turned out. I used papers from the beautiful Blue Dream collection from Stamperia. I`m just so in love with this paper collection, and I actually bought it to make a mini album from a trip to Gran Canaria with my dear friend but I couldt help myself from diving a tiny bit into the beautiful papers already, making a travel, sea and summer themed journal page.



The borders and most of the elements are cut outs from the 12x12 paper pack, and and some elements are from the ephemera pack.  




For my background I used Distress Inks from Tim Holtz and I must admit this is kind of alian territory for me since I mostley used to copic color images and finnished of the card with pattern paper. I don`t have many colors, I have one round and one square old blending tool and for my vintage photo color I just held the foam with my fingers. Still, just playing around with different techneques like spraying water on the page, lifting color using stencil and dabbing on some ink in the two darkest color through my stencil. I`m super happy with how my background turned out. 

I did however get a dark color transfer smear just over the travel word when I was nearly finished, but I`m not going to let it bother me and take away the joy I feel from this layout. It`s part of my learning prosess, and remember- it`s just creative fun with beautiful colors, papers and ink. Don`t let small mistakes like that discourage you :)




And here are a few close ups showing the bautiful paper and the lovely background. I used wild honey, spiced marmalade and vintage photo distress inks. The stencil I used is called Compass and is from the Welcome home collection from Stamperia.
I finished of my project with my white Sakura pen to add some highlights.







I would like to enter this in:


Do you like to travel? I hope you got inspired to create yourself a happy day and enjoy some crafting time. Thank you for stopping by.

-Christine




No comments:

Post a Comment