Sunday, April 9, 2023

Enjoy life - mixed media layout

 Hi everyone,

Today I`m sharing a mixed media layout with a sweet and fun picture of my friend that I made for her birthday yesterday. We had such a fun day celebrating her with her family and friends.

She had posted her picture on FB a while back and I love the playful and flowery feeling this picture has. She also just has the most stunning eyes and the background really made her eyecolor pop beautifully. I`m so happy she let me post her picture here on my blog and I love how this turned out,

Sorry for the bad lighting in some of the pictures. 

I slightly cut down a 12*12 sheet and distressed and inked up the edges before backing it on to black chipboard. This both framed the layout and made the hole thing sturdy.



The background I actually made two times since I managed to tip my open bottle of my Lindys spay all over. So I had to layer up with gesso with both my spatula and a brush to push back the green from all over my sheet. So I lost some of the details in my stenciling, but just made a few more layers on top and I think I managde to save my background well, what do you think? 




I also stamped randomly to add some interest on my background and I applyed gesso to my honeycomb chipbord that I had in my stash. Flowers are from Prima and the glassbeads and glass glitter I added here and there to finnish everything off is from Finnabair.





I added some more texture and dimention behind the photo adding layers with corrugated chipboard, cardstock and some cheesecloth under the photo.


She actually has some flowers in her hair in the picture so I thouht it was a fun detail to play on and placed a pale blue bigger flower on her hair for decoration. The junkjard finding lightbulb from Prima with Enjoy and the chipbord with life makes the perfect positiv sayings for this layout Enjoy life. 



I hope that you liked my project and that you got inspired to create something yourself.

I`m entering this layout in Simon Says: Add Texture | (simonsaysstampblog.com)


-Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment