Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Art Journal - Blessed

 Hi,

Today I`m back with a colorful double page art journal layout that has a very personal meaning to me.

This layout represents my children and how blessed I feel having them in my life. The three hearts hangind from the sign pole are my boys and the little pink heart is my little angel and my first pregnancy where I went into labour to early. When I got pregnant again I praid for a boy and now I`m blessed with tree. I wanted this layout to be bright, happy and colorful because this is my story and I feel so lucky to be blessed as a boys mom of three.

To get the fun and happy colorful page I wanted I used Dylusions paints both on my background and on my hearts and leafs. For my background I applyed the color with a baby-wipe and then dabbed on the same color using a Tim Holz stencil. I then stamped around randomly with a script stamp using blue distress ink. For my heart and leafs I colored up some paper in the colors I wanted and used my scissors to cut out the hearts and used Lorelai Leaf die from Poppystamps for the leafs.




For the sign pole I sketched out the shape I was going for with my pencil on some wood texture papers from Simple Stories. I used an eyelet to put them together and threaded it with some twine. On the ends I tied in some Tim Holtz typed tokens with the words "Story" and "Lucky" and I think they where just perfect here.




I also used some twine to hang my three hearts from the sign, and I think it really adds some interest 
to my page.






This is actually the first page in my Dylusions art jounal that I saved to do this personal layout on, and I`m really happy with how this turned out. Hope you like it as much as I do.


I`m entering this in:

Simon Says: Anything Goes | (simonsaysstampblog.com)

Simon Says: Paint It | (simonsaysstampblog.com)

Colorful Options: May 2023


Thank you for stopping by and I hope you got inspired to create yourself a happy day crafting.

-Christine

7 comments:

  1. ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™this!! I saw this on SSS Monday’s Challenge and came by for a closer look. I would love you to come and play with us at the Colorful Options Challenge; blue is our color of the month. I hope you'll join the fun! Have a creative week. Join with #colorfuloptionschallenge or at https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/ Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment. Of curse I`d like to enter. Thank you for letting me know. - Christine

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Christine! Love this journal page. I appreciate you playing with us. xoxo Makira

      Delete
  2. Beautiful!! Thanks so much for participating in our COLORFUL OPTIONS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Card, very pretty I like how you have BLESSED on the wooden post.Great job.

    ReplyDelete