Monday, May 15, 2023

17th of May Rosette - Lollipop card

 Hi,

"Hipp Hipp Hurray!!" I`m busy with the last preperations for THE 17TH OF MAY! Norways national day. Children’s parades, marching bands, traditional costumes, and ice cream. Lots of ice cream. Norway's Constitution Day is quite a party!

Want to know more? Check out the link to visit Norway Norway’s national day: 17th of May | The Norwegian Constitution Day (visitnorway.com)

(Photo borrowed from web)


So today I decided to make a lollipop card. They are so fun and easy to make and I havn`t made one in years. I just love the playfulness they have.



I cut out a strip of red cardstock measuring 2 1/4  by 12 inch and another strip measuring 2 1/4 by 6 inch. Then I used a scallop edge punch from EK Suksess one one side of the strip before scoring on each mountain-valley approxemately every 1/4 of an inch before folding it and gluing it down on a 2 inch sircle. There are lots of tutorials on lollipop cards out on Youtube. I wanted my white to be really white so i used Bazzil Bling diamond and a Spellbinder dies to cut out my circle. Another popular option is to use paper doilies for this, but I wanted a more crisp look for this project. For my blue I used the same scallop punch on a 1,5 inch by 12 inch strip. For my senter I used a circle in the same white bling cardstock. 




I decorated my card with a few flowers and stamped the word "gratulerer" which means congratulation.



For the stick I glued on a paper straw and some white seambinding tied as a simple bow.



I wish everyone who celebrates this day in Norway or around the world a great celebration and and HIPP HIPP HURRAY for 17th of May!

I hope you liked my rosette - lollipop card and that you got inspired.

-Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment