Monday, May 8, 2023

Art Journal - Bee happy

 Hi, 

Today the sun is shining, and you really trust the feeling that spring is finally here. It feels like today is going to be a good day and what better way to start it than to share my new art journal layout with you. I`m totally in love with how this one turned out.



While I picked up some groceries on Saturday I came across these adorable napkins that I just got so many ideas on how to use in my crafting. On one part you got these bigger bees and on the other side they where smaller and lots more all on top of these pale yellow polkadots.



Cute.. But now back to my art journal pages. I skipped one page and started to create my background with Distress inks in Tumbled glass, Peacock feathers and Faded jeans. I spritzed on a good amout of water letting the ink do its thing before letting it dry completely. Splatters in Walnut stain and white gesso with my fan brush. I put my crafting mat under the page I wanted to cut in as not to ruin the other pages in my book, and used some round Spellbinder dies as my guide as I carfully cut out the three circles with my craft knife. Then I cut out the scallop borders with my X-cut nesting dies in brown cardstock darkening the edges with Walnut stain. The circles dont have a perfect match and since I didn`t want two offset circles on the same page I cheated and ripped the smallest one and adjusted it to fit hiding the overlap under my bee. 



Fore my page behind I peeled off the back layers of my napkin and placed it the way I wanted the bees to show up peeking through the circles and glued it down and sealed it well using mat modpodge. I also did the same with the bigger bees on a pice of cardstock before I fussycut them when they where dried  completely. Before I glued them down I traced all around the edges with a black marker as not to leave a white border.


I went ower the wing with the lightest blue Copic markers to tye everything together using the colors B0000-B000-B01. It`s extremly important that the modpoge is completely dry before you color ontop of it since the glue will destroy your marker nib if still wet.


I darkened the edges of the papers with Faded jeans and Walnut stain and cut out the letters for my motivational words on black card stock. The word happy is from the Tim Holtz booklet. I used my Sakura gel pen and a black pen to add some finishing touches.



I just love the outcome of this and how fun and cute it is with the bees from the napkin peeking through from the pages underneath. 


I`d like to enter this in:

Colorful Options: May 2023 Blue - second entry

Simon Says: Paint It | (simonsaysstampblog.com) - second entry

Simon Says: No Patterned Paper | (simonsaysstampblog.com)


Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked it and that you got inspired to create yourself a happy day crafting.

- Christine











No comments:

Post a Comment