Saturday, May 27, 2023

Easy, pretty watercolor flowers - Card

 Hi, 

Today I`m sharing three different cards with easy beginner friendly jet very pretty watercolor painted flowers. I have used two different techniques for my flowers, both easy to recreate if you want to have a go on them aswell. 

My first card is a slimline card.



I painted my flowers in different shades of blue and blueish purple. I placed a drop of paint and used a round brush dipped in water and just wiggled it out to form a petal. You can find a great tutorial for loose watercolor florals here (40) the easiest flowers i've ever painted! - YouTube




For this card I decided to add a little bling to my flowers to dress up my card. So after my flowers where dry I added  stickles in Star dust, my favourit for adding sparkles. For my flowercenter I used liquid pearls in white opal. For my sentiment "Klem" I cut out the shadow in white cardstock and the script in black cardstock. 




And here is another look at the finished card. 




For my second card I used different colors and a different card shape. I love the yellow and yellow-green colors against the green cardstock. 


This time I used black cardstock for the shadow and white for the script on my sentiment. 
For my flowercenter I used liquid pearls in copper.




On my third card my flowers are painted different. This time I placed some dots with color in a circle and using a wet flat brush to form each petal. I got inspired to try this technique after watching a reel on IG on a flower like this from Marimi small arts. Again I used different blues or purple-blueish colors for my flowers. This time my flowercenters are drawn in with a black pen. My sentiment is cut from the same die as on my last card, just reversed my colors.









Let me know down in the comments which one is your favourite.

I`m entering each card in 




I hope you liked todays cards and that you got inspired to create yourself a happy day crafting.

Thank you for stopping by,

-Christine



No comments:

Post a Comment