Sunday, June 4, 2023

Pinwheel shaker card for a special friend

 Hi,

Today I`m back to share this fun pinwheel shaker card that I made for a special friend who turned 50 🎉 I had such a fun time creating this card for her.



For my pinwheel I actually first made it with a different pattern paper. I`m on a mission to use up some of the beautiful pattern paper that I already have. There will always be beautiful "must have" paper collections out there.... Same goes whith embellishment. So instead of just hoarding I try to make use of what I already have. So I first made one using the White Blossom from A day in May collection by Pion design. They always come out with the most beautiful and usable papers 💗 But after I glued on my shaker element I wasn`t completely satisfyed with how the green glass beads in my shaker matched the green in my paper, and as I said- this card was for someone special so I wanted to make this one perfect. So I ended up tearing it apart and using the paper "Sea Breeze" from Kaisercraft Blue Bay Collection insted and I think they matched perfectly. I also made my pinwheel a tad smaller, cutting my paper to 6" instead of 6,5" like I did with my first one.





For my shaker element I used Spellbinders nesting circles and cut out the back for my shaker using the bigger of the two circles I wanted to use for my card. Then I nested the smaller size inside and cut out a circular frame 8 or 9 times and glued them on top of eachother. Then I used the biggest circle for my acetate sheet and I had some silver mirror cardstock that I used for my last layer to finnish it of neatly. I also cut out 50 from the same cardstock using some number dies from an older La La Land club kit and glued it on top of my acetate. Before gluing on the back of my shaker element I filled it up with small glass beads in two different greens, some shaved ice, distress glitter and a bit og gold glitter. I also put in some sparkley little things I found. Then I left it to dry without moving it to much around just to let the glue dry completely.




For my stem I used a paper straw and put in a wooden bbq stick that I glued secure with my hot glue gun. Then I tied 2 bows of white seambinding and I also tied a bow with some white string and glued everything down with my glue gun placing each bow on top of each other. I embellished my pinwheel with some white roses and rosebuds along with some green leaves, all from WOC.

For the back I glued on 3 squares of papers using both side of the patteren paper making each layer smaller to show off the paper. For my last layer I used white cardstock to write my personal message on.

I love how this turned out and I hope you got inspired to create yourself a happy day crafting too. How about making your own pinwheel card?


Thank you for stopping by,
-Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment