Monday, June 5, 2023

Reach for the moon - Mixed media art journal

 Hi,

Today I have a mixed media art journal page to share with you.

This last week Simon Says Stamp monday challenge was Sun, moon and stars and that is a theme right up my alley as I love all three of them, and most of all the stars. ⭐

I wanted to play with my new to me Dylusions ink sprays for my background. I then spritzt on some water through a star stencil and blotted off the excess water with a paper towel. I also did the same with a  compass stencil but that didn`t show up as much at the end. I wanted to darken the edges and some parts of my page aswell to make it darker and more like a night sky. I used Distress Ink in Faded jeans and also a bit of Black soot. Then I added some white splashes to mimic the stars. I totally love how my background turned out this time.




For my focal point I used this sweet stamp from La La Land crafts that I colored with my Copic markers. The dies are also from La La Land and I got them in a club set years ago. The sentiments is from the same stamp set and I just cut it apart into strips to add them how I wanted them on my page.


The Copic colores I used are : Skin E 000-00-11-13 R20
                                                 Hair T1-3-5-9 and V09-06(or 05?)-01-000 and a bit of light yellow for  
                                                 the reflection from the stars but I cant remember wich one, sorry :)
                                                 Dress E21-23-25 and I went over with E02 to add more of a pink tone.
                                                 I used V91-93-95-99 for the rest of the dress.



I used Wink of Stella over the cut out stars and the star on her headband but you cant really see it on the photos. Added some details with a black pen and my white Sakura gelpen.

I so happy with how this page turned out and I hope you got inspired to create yourself a happy day crafting too. Its so giving to just enjoy the prosess of creating something.


Im entering this to :Simon Says: Sun, Moon, Stars | (simonsaysstampblog.com)

Simon Says: Anything Goes | (simonsaysstampblog.com)


Thank you for stopping by,

-Christine




No comments:

Post a Comment