Thursday, May 18, 2023

17th of May - Art Journal

 Hi,

Today I`m back with a quick post to share my 17th of May inspired art journal layout.

We had a great celebration yesterday spending time with our family. My youngest son participated in the parade and we eat lots of cake and ice cream.

For my background I used several fun techniques like gluing down paperpices with modpodge, painting, stenciling and stamping. For my flag I painted white cardstock with some red Dylusion paint before cutting out the flag like it was blowing in the wind. The white is cut out from Bazzil Bling Diamond cardstock and the blue is cut out on white cardstock again but this time I used a blue Copic marker, B18,  to color it up before gluing the pices together and ontop of the red flagbase. For my flagpole I used a small wooden stick that I peeled in two and then I inked it up with Vintage Photo and Gathered Twigs distress inks.



The green leaves are diecuts left from a previous project also colored with Dylusion paints and the strawberries are cut out from the napkins we used yesterday, but they didn`t quite turn out like I hoped because of all the dimension and colors underneath. Oh well... :) 




I stamped the words Hipp Hurray in Norwegian before I added some splatters, some white Sharpie pen highlights and then I finished it off with black and white marker around the edges to frame the pages.




I`m super excited about this weeks theme over at Simon Says Stamp monday challenge - Art Journal, and I`m happy to enter this 17th of May Art Journal layout to Simon Says: Art Journal | (simonsaysstampblog.com) 

Hope you got inspired to create yourself a happy day crafting and thank you for stopping by.
-Christine


No comments:

Post a Comment