Monday, December 18, 2023

Family and friends Christmas card with photo

 Hi,

This weekend I handed out and mailed this years last Christmas card batch to our family and friends. Usually I order our family Christmas cards from a photo-store since I like them to have pictures of the kids, the dog and/or all of us together showing a moment from this last year. But for this year I knew I wanted them to be handmade, and to have a picture of my youngest son. So when we got to take a trip up further north in Norway to Meråker I packed his knitted winter outfit and took picktures with the beautiful mountain natur in the back. You also get a glimpse of the fence called "skigard" which has a long tradition in Norway.

Since I wanted the photo to be the main star of the card, and also to match the natural feel of the photo I kept my design simple and the colors natural adding some glitter paper to dress it up for that Christmas feeling. 

I just love how these turned out 🎄💖

 


I started off with a kraft card base and matching envelope set. This makes it so fast and easy to create multiple similar cards. To add some interest to the background I used a Sizzix embossing folder I`ve had forever, and I love this simple and versatile design. 



I used the oval from La-La Land carft stitched element die set on my photo. I used the same die on gold glitter paper and on dark brown cardstock that I cut in half to keep the card light for postage, and also to save on glitter cardstock since it`s quite pricey. I offset my two background oval pieces to frame my photo and adding some bling and depth to my card. The pine twigs are also a die from La-la Land crafts and the pointsettias are the small Poinsettia layers from Memory Box. I added a big flatback pearl from Melissa Frances as my flower center.



Adding twigs, ribbon and twine, all set up for getting this year`s cards ready in time. 



On the inside of the cards I stamped a Norwegian Christmas greeting and heat embossed it with Simon Says Stamp EMBOSSING POWDER ANTIQUE GOLD ultra fine. I love the gold color and the quality. The mitten is embossed with Midnight Emerald from Lindy`s. The stamps are from Papirdesign PD 1900155 Enhjørning julestempel. I did this step before I glued anything on the front of the card.



On a few cards like to family in USA, Germany and grandparents I added another photo on the inside of the cards. To match the red on the photo I used red embossing powder from Lindy`s instead on these cards.



Dressing up the envelopes where I can 😊






Wishing you a season full of light and laughter for you and your family.


I like to enter this to:







Thank you for stopping by, and hope you got inspired to create your own cards with photo on it.

Hugs,
-Christine 💮

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining The Male Room blog challenge. What a lovely Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas!
    This is a fab project!
    We do love to see all the entries at Classic.
    Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge so
    We really appreciate you joining in.

    Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete