Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Christmas ornament card

Hi friends,

Today I have a Christmas card to show you. It’s about time to start producing them if I want to get ready in time to ship out this years Christmas cards. 

I have used Elliana Ornament from Memory box cut it out in sparkly red cardstock and a silver glitter sheet with holographic sparkles in it, slightly offsetting the layers  when glued on top of my Drop Ornament backdrop die in smooth solid red cardstock. I also cut out the ornament top in the same silver glitter paper and glued and added a silver ribbon as to hang my ornament on.

The pine sprigs are cut out of green cardstock. I also decided to cut out one from the silver glitter paper and snipped it into two pieces to pull in more Christmas bling to my card. 



I framed the sides of the black panel with a thin strip from the same sparkly red cardstock. The white starry panels are embossed using Simon Says Stamp Rainbow Splash Embossing Folder Twinkling Stars, misting my paper slightly before running it through my Big Shot. I stamped and embossed my sentiment in silver embossing powder. Not perfectly stamped- again. Using textured cardstock sure doesn`t help. Maybe I really should push my wish for a stamping platform up on my Christmas list 😅



On the inside I stamped and embossed in silver a sweet Christmas text in norwegian from Kort og Godt   (M-232). Google translates it into someting like: 
"Thou star over Bethlehem
send thy rays down
and remind us that the commandments 
of Christmas 
are love and peace"
The text is actually the 3. verse of a Christmas hymn from Sweden. In Norway a more loosely translated version of the song is most popular. 
This is one of mye favorite songs around Christmas. Here is a link if you want to listen


Some red glitter sprinkles from Doodlebug and a red envelope, and my first Christmas card for this season is done.


I`m entering this card to:

Crafty Catz: Crafty Catz #658 -Make it Sparkle     (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com)     2.nd entry

Wohoo! So happy to be among top 3!  Crafty Catz: Crafty Catz #659 Anything Goes (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com)

Stamping Sensations: November challenge

Peace On Earth Christmas : Peace On Earth Challenge #51

Facebook Korthobbys inspirasjonsgruppe November utfordring- advent eller jul 


Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you got inspired to create yourself a happy day crafting too. 

Hugs,

-Christine 💮

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully done with the bold red bauble, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

  2. Beautiful design Thanks for sharing over at Peace on Earth Christmas and hope to see you in future challenges.
    Elaine DT

    KraftiKards (my blog)
    613 Avenue Create DT
    AAA Birthday DT
    Peace on Earth Christmas DT
    Simply Clean and Simple DT
    Love to Scrap DT
    Love to Craft DT
    Mix it up DT
    Merry Little Christmas DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card, the bauble is amazing!

    Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete