Sunday, August 20, 2023

Explosion box - Summer Breeze

Hello everyone,

Today I`m finally able to show my explosion box using the pretty Summer Breeze papers from Ciao Bella. I made this as part of a gift for my friends birthday using pictures from our trip to Gran Canaria earlier this year. I will post the folio mini album made for the same trip in my next blogpost as it is quite photo heavy. 

I just love how this explosion box with photos taken from our trip turned out, and the papers match the theme perfectly. The lid is made from a 12*12 paper from the collection and the base is made from colored cardstock. I used Finnabair texture paste white sand and Art deco wall stencil to decorate the base of the box . I love how the sand paste adds that extra detail like glittery beachy sand to go with the summer holiday feel from this trip.




And here is the inside. I`m so happy how this turned out. For one flap I put in a tag where I wrote a personal message and for the rest I placed photos on pop up dots for added demension. 




In the center I glued down cut outs from the paper pack and decorated with flowers. The butterflies are glued on acetate strips as if they are flying. 




You can find Jacky Drake`s tutorial on a beautiful fluttering card using acetate  here on YT 
or as an explotion box by Vicky here.





I had so much fun making this, and the hardest part was to embrace myself an cut into all the beautiful design papers. Looking forward to share my folio album that I made to mach the explosion box.



CKN Design- create happy days crafting (@ckndesign_craft) • Instagram-bilder og -videoer


I`m entering this fun explosion box to 

Simon Says: Use Your Favorite Technique | (simonsaysstampblog.com) I can`t choose only one favourite technique, but in this one I used stencils that I love to add in many of my projects.

I hope you liked it and that you got inspired to create yourself a happe say crafting too. Why not try to make an explosion box yourself.

Thank you for stopping by,

-Christine 💮

No comments:

Post a Comment