Sunday, September 24, 2023

Nicks Tag and "Because of your smile" mixed media layout

 Hi,

Today I have two different projects to show you.

We are still playing along with the "Whats your favourit color" challenge, and while I was crafting and making my Tags with Lindys flat magicals that I shared on my IG channel earlier this week, my son joined in on the fun. He is 6 years old and I really love and enjoy these moments spending time together like this.

He wanted to join in the challenge with his tag so the first project I`m showing today is actually Nick`s. 

All by himself he applied Lindys flat magicals from the Words of wisdom set. These are so amazing! Next, he picked out the stamp he wanted to use, applied Versamark ink and stamped the floral from Tim Holtz on the tag. Since he made the tag for me- knowing red is my favourite color he the applied red embossing powder all over. I helped him heat up the embossing powder and put the ribbon on. I totally love how this turned out. More interesting then my own tags I must say. hehee. I would never have thought of using red embossing powder ower the colors on the tag- but it worked out perfectly. 



I was working on a mixed media layout using one of my favourit mother/son silhuette pictures I came across. I found this online and I`m not sure to whom the credit for this picture should go to. If you know please let me know so I can give properly credit for it. 




I kept the embellishment simple since the colors and all the splatter on the picture is quite demanding for the eye. I did use numbers for the dates my sons are born 19-5-8 on my layout. I glued on some wooden stars that I painted with gesso and I used a butterfly stamp on wellum and fussycut them gluing two and two tohether. The beautiful stencil is from Prima Finnabair Art deco wall using Graphite sand. It has that lovely sparkle to it. I also used Tim Holtz Bricks stencil and sprayed ower with some Lindys just to add a bit more soft color to my layout.



So Nick is entering his Tag to:

Thank you for stopping by, we hope we inspired you to create something too, maybe together with a family member or a friend.

-Christine💮

No comments:

Post a Comment