Monday, September 4, 2023

Art Journal - Adventure, Sir Vagabond in Japan

 Hi, 

Today I`m so excited to share my latest mixed media art journal layout. I totally love how it turned out and it`s definitely among my top favorites. 

This time I have been playing in my new A5 stone paper journal from Vicky Papaioannou`s Create Happiness collection from Stamperia and this is the first time I came across stonepaper. I was very facinated with the properties of this paper. 

I used the gorgeous collection Sir Vagabon in Japan also from Stamperia and this layout actually goes over 3 pages. I love that this beautiful girl sits by the window and looking through you can see the samurai from the next page. For my backgrounds I used distress oxide sprays in Lost shadow and Stormy sky and then I very light handed went over with some Tumbled glass. I also added some splatters with white, black and gold paint. This is my first time trying my oxide sprays, or any distress oxide product, and I do understand the love for these products. The stone paper was also very impressive to work on. It does not tear but you can easily cut it. It takes water, sprays, modelingpaste and heat beautifully and the pages stay flat. 

On my first page I used a small script stamps from the Create Happiness collection and a small lace circle from and old Prima stamp set to add some interest on my background. The stencil is Bricked from Tim Holtz. On all my pages I went around the edges with Vintage photo and Black soot. I love how the modeling paste pickes up some of the colors from the beackground and makes everything look so coordinated.




My window is actually from the Stamperia Blue Dream collection and I have used acetate on it. I used my craft knife to cut out the window without any problem. I went with the title Adventure as I think its a perfect start for an Art journal and its also from the in Japan papers. I love to travel and I really want to travel to Japan some day.



On my next pages both my stencil and the two stamps are from Vicky`s Create Happiness collection. I keep using these again and again as I find them very versatile. Then I added some splatters using Lindys Moon shadow mist. 

I had to work some on my window on this side since its actually two smaller windows cut apart and then glues togeter using one window from the Blue Dream  8*8" papers and the other from the ephemera. So there are some overlapping and difference in texture but I really don`t mind and I focus more on how happy I am to have made it fit my project.






On all my images I traced the edges with a black pen to avoide any white on the edges. I also used Vintage Photo and Black soot on all the pieces befor gluing them down. As always I added some finishing thouches with my white sakura gel pen.




I am so pleased with how this turned out and I had such fun creating this project.

Here a link to my IG reel on this project if you want to take a look 💖

CKN Design- create happy days crafting (@ckndesign_craft) • Instagram-bilder og -videoer


I`m entering this to:

Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog: Welcome to Creative Artiste Challenge #97

Simon Says: Anything Goes | (simonsaysstampblog.com)

Polkadoodles Cardmaking, Craft & Scrapbooking Challenge

Classic Design Challenge Blog : Classic design Challenge September # 9

So excited to be among the best technique winners!




Hope you liked it and that you got inspired to create yourself a happy day crafting too.

Thank you for stopping by,

-Christine💮

3 comments:

  1. Wow funderfull pages. Thank you for joining the Polkadoodles challenge this week! Good luck with your entry.

    Crafty hugs, Renske Polkadoodles DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work and so creative with so much to feast your eyes on. Thanks for sharing at Creative Artiste MM this month.

    ReplyDelete